CALL 1-888-995-HOPE (4673)
August 18, 2018 You are here : where to get help

Have Questions? Get FREE Help  Have Questions? Get FREE Help

If you're struggling with your mortgage or trying to get your mortgage reduced, you can find help, free of charge, from HUD-approved counseling agencies. To speak with a housing counselor 24 hours a day or find a local agency, call 888-995-HOPE (4673).


You can also get free help from the following trusted authorities.



Trusted Authorities


State Resources

For a list of HUD-approved counseling agencies in your area, click here. To find programs and other homeowner resources in your state, click here. Client Security Fund for Scammed Homeowners

Client Security Fund for Scammed Homeowners

Were you scammed by a lawyer? If you lost money to a lawyer who promised to get you a loan modification or save your home from foreclosure, you may be able to get your money back. Every State Bar has a Client Security Fund (CSF). The CSF reimburses clients (up to varying amounts) for being victims of dishonest licensed/state bared attorneys. Find the Client Security Fund in your state.



You can contact your state Attorney General or another local authority in your state. Check here for a list of contact information for Attorneys General.