How to Report Scams

Stop Scammers in Their Tracks

Every day, loan modification scams rob more people of their money and their homes. You can fight back and put a stop to this crime.

If you or someone you know has been the victim of a loan modification scam, we urge you to make a quick call and be a hero in your neighborhood by reporting scam artists to the authorities.

Please take action by doing any or all of the following:


Call the Homeowner’s Hope Hotline:
1-888-995-HOPE (4673)
Assistance is available in other languages upon request.


File a complaint online through the Loan Scam Prevention Network. Submit your online complaint form in

Report Now


Call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or submit your complaint online in English or in Spanish.


You can contact your state Attorney General or another local authority in your state. Check here for a list of contact information for Attorneys General.

Client Security Fund for Scammed Homeowners

Were you scammed by a lawyer? If you lost money to a lawyer who promised to get you a loan modification or save your home from foreclosure, you may be able to get your money back. Every State Bar has a Client Security Fund (CSF). The CSF reimburses clients (up to varying amounts) for being victims of dishonest licensed/state barred attorneys.

Find the Client Security Fund in your state.

Facing Foreclosure?

Get real help, free of charge, from HUD-approved counseling agencies.
Learn More Here